Thursday, June 14, 2007

Alice in Wonderland by Marilyn Manson.......




PHANTASMAGORIA : SYNOPSIS

The story of Marilyns Lewis Carrol film/story, who by the way's real name is: Charles Lutwidge Dodgson.

is in Victorian England.

A haunted writer in an isolated castle is tormented by sleepless nights and visions of a girl named Alice. He finds himself becoming a symptom of his own invention.

“Now all my nightmares know my name.”

He is Lewis Carroll. Terrified of what waits for him each night.

This is what Marilyn Manson says:

"I want to take the children’s story that we all know, and discover the horrifying roots that grow beneath every one of its childish metaphors. The characters may be absurd and wrapped in puzzles, but, the author himself is the story that I find painfully close to me. Lewis Carroll is far more complex than the world’s narrow perception of him as a quiet deacon, a mathematician and a loner, simply obsessed with photographing young girls. He was possibly one of the most divided souls living in his own hell that the world has overlooked."

I just got (christmas)the book of alice in wonderland by my mother and by reading the forward text, I found out abot Charles own tragic life and his hell. And I am very happy to learn that Marilyn Manson is exploring it himself. There are so many loners out there who needs to know that there are other loners on earth. Basically, they are NOT alone.

xxx
alice

No comments: