Saturday, June 06, 2009

Diane Arbus at The Timothy Taylor Gallery in London













I was exposed to Diane Arbus (14 March 1923-26 July 1971) work several years ago when there was a huge exhibit of her work and diaries at The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York.

I remember feeling drained after seeing it. I could not even finish the whole exhibit. It was just so dark and heavy. I had too much at one time. I felt a little too connected to her work. She finds the weird in all and everything and I feel the same: Weird (which I do not want to feel that I am). I think we all feel weird or out of place, thereby we feel connected to her work/ art. It makes me Love her.

I went to see her exhibit ( a much smaller exhibit...) at The Timothy Taylor Gallery in London last weekend. If you are here in London, I highly recommend you go and view it.

Timothy Taylor Gallery
15 Carlos Place
London W1K 2EX
and
21 Dering Street
London W1S 1AL
Phone: +44 (0) 207 409 3344

xx
alice

No comments: