Friday, August 16, 2013

A Grateful Dead Violet Outfit and some Fairy Sunshine Sweetness och Den Fulländade Friheten


a few years back when I lived in New York, this boy came up to me asking if i was going to the grateful dead concert!? based upon how i was dressed i assume...to be honest, i had never heard about the band but when i came back to my office this was the first i googled:) and how cool of a reference.

 so sometimes i have grateful dead days, yesterday was violets;)

outfit:

absolute vintage flowery full length dress
screaming mimis barrette & bangles
grandma's gold heart
my aunts pearl earrings

going to new york the 3rd of september and as it happens:) it is the city's fashion week. i hope to get a few lovely tickets. mainly i just wanna hang out, continue my july art project but now about manhattan. fairy pagan poetry tale of manhattan. then see some friends. and of course explore vintage stores and tennessee thomas pop up shop on the lower east side, the deep end club:) and the danishes with sugar and cinnamon swirling, in those grey small vans in the mornings...hallelujah i am dreaming about those.

yesterday's collage  i call fairy sunshine sweetness because that is what i think those images represents and how i feel at the moment.

during my morning walk today i again listened to p1 and its sommarprat, today it was time for maja ivarsson from the sounds (which i have styled once upon a time assisting mimi lombardo for the new york times magazine, inspiration was blondie and the lead debbie harry photographed by ben watts). she had me. such a girl. she ended the show with a quote from another swedish artist that i highly respect, andreas kleerup:

Den fulländade friheten

"Att få finnas och färdas
Att ta ner det oförklarliga
Skriva under med sitt väsen
Att få tillgång till allt
Att skingra molnen där och då
Utan förväntningar på något mer
Än det mäktigaste utav allt
Ett finger i luften"

love
alice solantania saga

(poem taken from konstnarssjalimages in my collage that are not by me are taken from my pinterest (re-pinned)& tumblr (re-blogged), please let me know if I have used your image and you want to be credited and I will do asap)



No comments: