Thursday, June 15, 2006

Pina Bausch





Pina Bausch is one of modern dance most talented choreographer alive today. Each performance is a patchwork quilt of episodes all to do with love, bodies, and alienation, the search for fulfilment, desire and thwarted desire. Miss Bausch has since 1978, to get to know her dancers, given these questions to answer:

Copy someone else's tic.
Do something you are ashamed of.
Write your name with movement.
What would you do with a corpse?
Move your favourite body part.
How do you behave when you've lost something?

From this she has built up her dance companies and to get honesty out of her dancers. To get them to express all that they feel in the story that she has set up.

She is more "today" than ever since I think we need honesty and sincerity MORE than ever!!

Clothing wise, she has inspired the journalist/photographer maarten vanden
abeele to give out a book with her name, it has inspired Marc Jacobs resort collection (the collecton that comes out in December, for those who does not work in fashion and who does not know what resort means). Here I'll show some pictures of Pina's works. I reallly hope you will enjoy. Dance is something warm to my heart since I danced for 11 years of my life. It is something beautiful where you share your innermost feelings by moving your body./ Lindha

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I adore Pina Baush! I saw only once...when the compagny presented Masurca Fogo in my city. BEUTIFUL. The show was sold out (of course) and, apperently, when they dances at the same venue ten years prior, haft of the seats were empty! I guess she was just way ahead of her time for my conservative hometown. You have insanely good taste=)

Alice Saga said...

I am just INSANELY jealous. I have NEVER Seen her live.

and thank you for the compliment. it just means you have to have a VERY good taste as well.

have a good sunday.

xx

Pas de Deux said...

omg i just re-read my post. I'm sorry that I write like a five year old...english is a second language to me. I *was* a dancer as well! Thank you for maintaning such a wonderful blog. You love everything that I love xox

Alice Saga said...

Dear Sophie:

Loveyou.

xxx
lindha