Wednesday, January 09, 2008

"The Female of the Species" by Joyce Carol Oates.

"I read as much as I can, since reading is my first love. "Inspiration" comes from any and all sources. But especially from spending time alone, simply thinking, dreaming, looking out the window. The death of inspiration is busyness and fragmentation."

I just read Joyce Carol Oates book The Female of the Species, it's a book of 9 stories, all tragic stories sorrounding women and lives we choose to live.

All abused, unseen, sometimes kids, sometimes loonging, sometime being the careerer, the ones who sees the horror in life. This making them angry, evil or Very Frightened.

The book was really tough to read. Deep. One can see oneself in almost all of the short stories.

Yes, I would highly recommend reading it.

w/ love
alice

No comments: