Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Richard Avedon


The Master of Photography!

For me, Mr. Avedon is at the heart of what the Portrait of a person should communicate. That is: compassion, seriousness, humor, beauty and last but not least Essence. A depth to the image. There is/was No Other than Richard Avedon to convey this message.

For me the images he created over his 60 year career is not so much the images of Twiggy, Penelope Tree or the other supermodels of their time, it's the ones of the actors/actresses,musicians, politicians, writers and simply put the Citizens of this World that are the Amazing ones/images that I personally Love. And will Still Love come 60 years..!!

I am getting personal here, when I look at Mr. Avedons work it floors me how the talent of his is So Personal, So Non Judgemental. I get a sense of curiousness from his part about the actual Human Being that he is shooting, that is like The Never Ending Story; a story of his that are/was never going to end.

The International Center of Photography is showing an exhibit of this Artists work. It is up Now- September 6, 2009. It is called: Avedon Fashion : 1944- 2000.

Address:
1133 Avenue of the Americas at 43rd Street
New York, NY 10036
Phone: 1-212.857.0000

Images here are from the Mr. Richard Avedon Foundation website.

To view more of this talented artist's work, go to : my Alice's Salon Coquette

Shown here is a portrait of Robert Mitchum, from 1994. A Man I Adore. Adore.

w/ love
alice

No comments: