Monday, July 26, 2010

Diary 40: My weekend at the Port Eliot Festival in St. Germans Cornwall






























I had a Lovely weekend with my friend Nell; we went to the Port Eliot Festival in St Germans Cornwall. We stayed at a place called Halfway House and the people there was such gentle ones..!!! The area of St Germain was Such A Beauty and the festival was quirky.

There was a Maze:)....Mud....water....Lots of stylishly original people...music...poetry...jewelry....a fashion tent....Hermes....beer, cider and wine....tea ladies...tons of food....young and old and everything inbetween!!!

We went to a couple of seminars...one with Sarah Mower (of Vogue.com) having talks with Stephen Jones and Grayson Perry (whom is my new idol..) the other with the charismatic Tim Smit (of the Eden Project).

Of Course tons of music (no pictures here though I realized).

Wonderful food, especially my Indian Vegan meal:)

I met Grayson Perry and Barbara Hulanicki (of BIBA fame), took wonderful Holga images of both. Will show you when developed.

Invested in 1 wonderful thing in a book shop/ tent....a book by Beatrix Potter from ca 1910.

This weekend was Such a Joy for me.

X
alice

No comments: