Monday, February 25, 2008

Vanessa Mae


I will Never forget the first time i heard Miss Mae.

I lived in New York, Brooklyn Heights and studied Fashion Marketing at the time. My life was very busy, so i used to study in the mornings. At 7am I started study at this cafe on Montague Street (can not remember the name of the cafe), and the guy (whose name i can not remember) was used to me being the first customer (hihi).

Anyhow, he used to play Loud music in the morning to "wake up". One of these mornings he played Vanessa Mae and Suddenly i just Felt so Alive. So Alive.

She is the most wonderful Violinist/ Musician I have ever heard. Then it was the most beautiful thing i have ever heard in My whole life. The power of music, you can sense it when ones you've heard it.

I RAN to buy it that day. And been a follower since that day in 1999.

The violinist Vanessa-Mae was just in her mid-teens when she shattered the mold of the release of her first fusion album The Violin Player, forging a new style.

Born in Singapore on October 27, 1978 -

Vanessa-Mae moved to London with her family when she was four, began classical violin studies the following year and made her professional debut on the international stage at the 1988 Schleswig-Holstein Festival in 1988, the same year she made her concerto debut in the U.K. with London's Philharmonia Orchestra. Her classical career was a prodigy's dream - the youngest violinist ever to record the Tchaikovsky and Beethoven violin concertos, a world tour with the London Mozart Players during the Mozart bicentennial year, great reviews from international critics - and she had three classical albums to her credit when she was only 13 years old.

On stage she's Explosive. She has toured around the world several times.

xxx
alice

www.vanessa-mae.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you mean "Connecticut Muffin?" Or "Cosi?" Or "Bagel Lady?" I'm sure you don't mean "Starbucks," because you would remember that one.

Signed...your favorite Brooklyn friend. You better know who that is, my dear.

Alice Saga said...

YES connecticut muffin.

I DO know who you are.....


Mr. WRITER. Who moved away from Brooklyn.

Miss you!!!

xxx