Sunday, October 03, 2010

The Muse of Rochas Spring 2011 Collection is the Swedish Darling Artist Slotts Barbro


Slotts Barbro and Rochas Spring 2011 Collections are my inspirations now.

Quote from Vogue.com: “I started as a furniture restorer in 1972, working on the special painted furniture Sweden is known for,” explains Slotts Barbro, who collaborated with Marco Zanini on the exuberant prints that are the hallmarks of his latest Rochas collection. “Three older men taught me their craft. They’re all gone now, but I can carry on their work,” she explains over a celebratory lunch at the Ritz the day after the show. From furniture, Barbro moved to canvases; her lively abstract florals, highly colored with natural dyes, belie the wintry landscape where she makes her home, a northern Sweden town that she describes as having only around ten families. "

My thoughts on the show can be read HERE.

Does anyone have a link to the artist Slotts Barbro's work? If so, please do send me the link.

x
alice
(images from Vogue.com)

No comments: