Friday, May 30, 2014

To-morrow 'ill be the happiest time of all the glad New-year; For I'm to be Queen o' the May, mother, I'm to be Queen o' the May.

"You must wake and call me early, call me early, mother dear;
To-morrow 'ill be the happiest time of all the glad New-year;
Of all the glad New-year, mother, the maddest merriest day,
For I'm to be Queen o' the May, mother, I'm to be Queen o' the May.

There's many a black, black eye, they say, but none so bright as mine;
There's Margaret and Mary, there's Kate and Caroline;
But none so fair as little Alice in all the land they say,
So I'm to be Queen o' the May, mother, I'm to be Queen o' the May."
 

alfred lord tennyson's the may queen

 if the weather behaves as well as me myself, then tomorrow is the day:) the may queen i claim myself.

i adore the works of julia margaret cameron & alfred lord tennyson!

see my other inspirations for tomorrows adventure here.

love
alice solantania saga
(photo by julia margaret cameron, taken from the american museum of photography)

No comments: