Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Astrid Lindgren would have turned 100 Years old Today.




I grew up reading and watching movies by Astrid Lindgren.

I think the story that touched me the most was Bröderna Lejonhjärta. The heart breaking story about the brothers skorpan and jonatan.

But again, it was pippi langstrump, emil i lonneberga, saltkrakan, barnen i bulleribyn Ronja Rovardotter and So many others.....

Today i am In Love with Astrid herself. "i was so sad when i turned 13, i should not be allowed to play anymore... But i want to tell all kids that when you get your children it is alright again, to play. The allowance will come back"

Dear Astrid: I love you. I love you for all wonders and fantasies you have given children about their ability and their own strengths. You have forever been on the kids side. Always. Exactly what they need.

Happy Birthday to you.

w/ love
alice

No comments: